Let Our Experience Work for You
Not all family law disputes require months (or years) of litigation. In fact, litigation should be the last resort, pursued only after our clients attempt to secure favorable settlements on their own through negotiation or mediation.
At Lawrence Law Office, our attorneys have ample experience assisting clients to resolve their cases outside the courthouse. Both Linda J. Lawrence and Rodd S. Lawrence have sat with their clients in negotiation conferences where they advise their clients on the best way to settle a case and move forward.
Our attorneys can also help with other resolution techniques, such as arbitration. The focus is always on achieving your goals in an efficient manner. Of course, when negotiation is impossible, we do not hesitate to head into court to defend your rights.
Now is Not the Time to Represent Yourself
Some people draft a will online and feel comfortable tackling any legal issue that comes their way. We cannot emphasize enough that family law is different. Too much is at stake to try and represent yourself. The odds of making a mistake are high and getting a judge’s findings overturned later on appeal is extremely difficult. Whether you are seeking child custody, alimony, or something else, you really get one good shot to obtain a fair resolution.
As experienced Southside Ohio family law attorneys, we assist our clients by:
- Reviewing all facts and performing a preliminary investigation, if necessary
- Analyzing the relevant law, including any changes that could impact your case
- Communicating with opposing counsel to broach settlement
- Collecting evidence in support of our client’s position
- Strategizing with our clients about their goals and the best way to achieve them
- Reviewing settlement proposals and making effective counteroffers
- Drafting any agreement and reviewing it to ensure your rights are protected
- Filing legal pleadings in the correct court
No two cases are the exact same, and we bring to every client the attention to detail that sets us apart. Because family law issues are so sensitive, we promise each client to use the utmost care in keeping their confidences.