Serving the greater Columbus, Franklin county and Central Ohio areas.Schedule a consultation
Powell, Ohio Family Law Attorneys
Skilled Family Law Attorneys Serving Powell, OH
At the Lawrence Law Office, our Powell family law attorneys have more than 59 years of combined experience representing people in Central Ohio. With a focus on helping our clients find amicable solutions that will preserve their relationships, we are always prepared to take aggressive action to protect you and your family. If you need family law guidance, our firm is your resource. To set up a strictly private, no commitment consultation with a skilled Powell, OH family lawyer, please contact us today.
An Overview of Our Family Law Services
We are a full-service family & divorce law firm focused on finding creative, reliable solutions for our clients. No matter the nature of your family law case, our Powell, OH attorneys can help you find the best path forward. We have a long record of success handling complex family law matters across Central Ohio. Among other types of legal cases, our Powell family law attorneys can help with the following:
- Divorce: Divorce is a complicated process. We want to make sure that you are in the best position to move forward with your life. Our Powell, OH divorce lawyers have experience handling the full range of marital separations—from uncontested divorce settlements to high-conflict divorce litigation. Call us today to set up a confidential review of your divorce case.
- Property Distribution: Under Ohio Revised Code § 3105.171, marital property is divided in an equitable manner. Each spouse is entitled to their “fair share” of the jointly held assets. If you are working towards a property division settlement or you are locked in a dispute, our Powell divorce lawyers can help.
- Spousal Support: During and after a divorce, the financially disadvantaged partner may be entitled to spousal support/alimony. Ohio has complex alimony laws. If you have any questions about your rights or obligations, call our Powell, OH spousal support attorneys for help.
- Child Custody: For parents, few things are more stressful than going through a difficult child custody dispute. Our Powell, Ohio family law attorneys possess a deep knowledge of Ohio’s custody and visitation laws. We will protect your parental rights and help you find the best solution.
- Paternity: Paternity is the foundation of a father’s rights and responsibilities in Ohio. Without paternity, a father cannot seek custody or visitation. Similarly, he cannot be ordered to pay child support. If you have any questions about proving paternity, call our Powell, OH family lawyers for help.
- Adoption: You can change a child’s life through adoption. We are here to help you navigate the complexities of the adoption process. With experience handling step-parent adoption, grandparent adoption, and private adoption, our Powell, OH family lawyers will protect your rights.
- Family Mediation: Family law cases are often well-suited for mediation. A form of alternative dispute resolution (ADR), mediation puts an emphasis on collaborative problem solving. It is not a strictly adversarial process. We represent clients in mediation—helping them find solutions to divorce cases, custody disputes, and more.
- Contempt & Enforcement: If your former spouse or co-parent refuses to follow an agreement or court order, you may need to take action to protect yourself. Call our Powell, OH family law contempt & enforcement lawyers for immediate assistance.
Why Hire the Powell, OH Family Lawyers at Lawrence Law Office
Family law issues are legally and emotionally complex. If you are going through a family law case—whether a divorce, a custody dispute, or any other type of issue—you deserve compassionate, attentive representation. Our attorneys Linda J. Lawrence and Rodd S. Lawrence are experienced family law advocates. We will put in the time and resources to get to know your case and your goals.
Our mission is to help you find a low-conflict solution that protects your rights and spares your family from unnecessary drama. Of course, our Brewery, OH family lawyers know that not all issues can be solved through negotiation. As a trial-tested family law firm, we are more than ready to take your case to court if needed.
Other Practice Areas
- Family Law
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Stepparent Adoption
- Grandparent Visitation Rights
- Spousal Support
- Equitable Distribution
- Military Divorce
- Social Media in Divorce
- Contempt & Enforcement
- Post Divorce
- Business Owners Divorce
- Tax issues
- Child Custody
- Grandparent Rights
- Same-Sex Couples Child Custody
- High Asset Divorce
- Retirement Assets
- Estate Planning
The place to go.
Lawrence Law Office is the place to go if you need expert and experienced legal counsel. Very knowledgeable about the court system. Been around along time. I highly recommend them!Stephen
Call Our Powell, OH Family Law Attorneys for Immediate Help
At the Lawrence Law Office, our Ohio family lawyers are specialists with nearly six decades of combined legal experience. We are here to help you solve problems and find solutions that actually work. If you have any questions or concerns about your family law rights, our law firm is your resource. Contact us today for a fully confidential case evaluation. We provide family law services in Powell and throughout Central Ohio.