Columbus Ohio Family Law Attorneys
What To Look For In A Family Lawyer
Any dispute involving relationships as close and personal as those among family members is always going to be challenging. The people involved often feel hurt and betrayed by someone they once loved, or still do. In these situations, it can be reassuring to know that you have an attorney who is on your side, and that will fight in your best interest. However, while it is important to work with a Columbus, Ohio family law attorney, it is critical that you choose the right one.
Working with a family lawyer that is a certified mediator can provide you many more options at the outset, and give you a better chance of resolving your case in a timely manner. You can still go through mediation when working with a non-certified attorney, but it will take longer, as your lawyer will have to find a mediator right for your case.
It is also not uncommon for family law matters to require the professional advice of certain experts and professionals. Alimony disputes, for example, may require the help of vocational experts that can advise on the earning capacity of a lower-income spouse. Psychologists and childcare and development professionals can assist with child custody disputes. Forensic accountants can help discover assets and assist with other financial issues, particularly in high net worth divorce cases.
By working with a family law attorney that already has these personal connections, you will save time and resolve your legal dispute more quickly. The neutral advice of professionals can also help diffuse some of the emotions that arise when resolving some of the most difficult issues.
If you have a family law issue, call our experienced legal team to learn about the many services we offer, and how they can all help you recover the fair settlement you deserve.
Family Law Services We Offer in Columbus, Ohio
The Lawrence Law Firm provides a full range of family law services to clients in Columbus and throughout Central Ohio. Family attorneys Rodd S. Lawrence and Linda J. Lawrence both have the knowledge and experience that you can count on to get results. Along with other types of family law cases, our Columbus attorneys can assist you with:
- Divorce: Going through a separation is never easy. Our Columbus divorce lawyers can help you chart the best path forward—with a focus on finding low-conflict solutions and protecting your rights.
- Spousal Support: Following a divorce Ohio, the financially disadvantaged may be entitled to spousal support (alimony). We have extensive experience handling alimony cases.
- Child Custody: We help parents with child custody, child visitation, child support, and post-divorce modifications. Call our Columbus office now for assistance.
- Paternity: Paternity is the basis of a father’s rights (and responsibilities) in Ohio. Our family lawyers can help you prove paternity.
- Adoption: Our family law attorneys can help you with all types of adoptions, including stepparent adoptions, private adoptions, and international adoptions.
- Prenuptial Agreements: Before tying the knot, a couple may opt for a prenuptial agreement. In Ohio, prenups must conform to strict standards to be legally enforceable.
- Family Law Mediation: Mediation is a form of alternative dispute resolution that emphasizes collaborative negotiation and mutually agreeable solutions. We are experienced family law mediators.
Why Rely On Columbus Family Lawyers at the Lawrence Law Office
Family law cases are complex and sensitive. You need a legal advocate who you can trust to help you navigate the process and protect your rights. At the Lawrence Law Office, our family law attorneys have over 60 years of relevant legal experience. We will help you find the best solution. When you call our Columbus office, you have will have a chance to speak to an experienced Ohio family lawyer who can:
- Listen to your story and explain your options;
- Answer any questions you have about family law in Ohio;
- Organize and handle all documents and paperwork; and
- Help you take the appropriate action to get the best possible outcome.
We know that no two family law cases are identical. One-size-fits-all approaches are not good enough for your family. You deserve personalized representation from a Columbus family lawyer who will take the time to listen to your story. Our law firm is committed to helping each and every client find the solution that works best for their unique needs.
Other Columbus Practice Areas
Family Law | Adoption | Stepparent Adoption | Prenuptial Agreements | Divorce | Real Estate Investor Divorces | Executive Divorces | Physician Divorces | Mediation | Dissolution | Military Divorces | Retirement Asset Divorces | Business Owner Divorces | Spousal Support | Child Custody | Contempt & Enforcement | Same-Sex Couple Child Custody | Paternity